Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Alien Baby!

For the past two weeks or so, I have begun to feel Ally move around in my ever-expanding belly. At first, I wasn't sure if it was her moving or just.... gas. (Eek!) By now, I can differentiate between the two. Yesterday and today, I have felt her so much! She is ACTIVE! I thought babies were supposed to sleep alot??? Not that I mind! Every time is happens, I get a big smile on my face. All of this movement got me thinking...

ALIEN!


Holy cow! There is something inside of me that is...... living?!?! Women have babies every single day; every minute of every single day. But you (me) never really think about how amazing and crazy it is until it's happening to you (me).

I feel so incredibly lucky to be able to experience this. For a long time, I didn't think it was going to happen for us. And now that it has, I'm trying to enjoy every second of it, whether it be a good experience or bad. So far, my pregnancy has been pretty mellow. No morning sickness, no cravings (yet) or aversions (yet) to food and only mild tiredness. I sure hope it stays this easy! (I'm not counting on it.)

Anyway, I'm so in LOVE with my alien baby!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!!!

    Feeling your baby move is the best part of pregnancy, at least for me it is! I just love it. I love that it's a secret between me and my baby, only the two of us know what's going on. And you'll have fun when you get further along and you can start messing around with her. If she kicks you can poke her and then she'll poke you back. Aubrey and I played games like that all the time. I cried and cried after she was born because I wasn't going to feel her kick again. Plus, you don't worry about the baby as much because you feel them moving throughout the day. Anyways, I am so happy for you and excited for you! This is such a fun stage in pregnancy so enjoy every second of it (as I know you will)! =)

    ReplyDelete