Saturday, June 12, 2010

Baby's First Image

Yesterday was the big ultrasound day! I have been looking forward to this day for a long time! They say the best time to have the 3D/4D ultrasounds done is between 27-32 weeks so I thought it would be perfect as I hit the 29 week mark yesterday! Oh my gosh! 29 weeks! I only have 11 weeks (or less) to go!?!?! Ahhh!

We were originally planning on going to this place called Miracle in Progress but when I called them, they informed me that they were closing... on Saturday. Great. They were nice enough to refer me to another place called Baby's First Image which actually turned out to be closer to my house so yay! The ultrasound room was decorated so nicely and there was soft music playing in the background and I got to lay on a really comfy bed! The lady who performed the ultrasound was really nice. First she did Ally's measurements and everything was measuring normal. She weighs 3 pounds now! WoW! Hard for me to believe that! We got a total of about 70 pictures and about 15 minutes of video.

Ally was very active during the entire ultrasound and did really well for the first 10 minutes or so, until she decided to stick her fingers/hand in her mouth and wouldn't take it out for anything which spoiled most of the rest of the pictures. The images were distorted with her hand/arm in the way. We were lucky to get a few good ones though! Maria, the tech, said she definitely has a prominent nose (which you will see shortly; it totally looks like Shane's nose)! How exciting!

I know what it's like to have your parents' features because I look a lot like both of my parents, but Shane, being adopted, has no idea what it's like so I think this is extra special for him. I'm so glad I'm able to share this with him. Sometimes I feel more happy for him that we're having a baby than for me. I'm so excited he gets to understand that bond and I think he's going to be the best dad.

Without further ado, here she is! I'm not going to bore you with 70 pictures on here so I chose the best. (As soon as I figure out how to add video, I'll add that too.)



Her eyes were open for a lot of the ultrasound! She looks mad!

















She's smiling!













Good picture of her foot.













Yawning!












She look so innocent here.

1 comment:

  1. What a great great-granddaughter we will have. Her parents must be so proud. I think you are right, it IS Shane's nose but I think she will luck out and have her mommy's eyes.

    Can't wait to cuddle her. How wonderful this technology is. When we had kids we waited until the birth to find out the gender and everything else. You guys are so lucky.

    Come on...August!

    ReplyDelete