Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Latest Happenings...

On July 29th, I went to my OB appointment and when I got there, I had my blood pressure taken like normal. It was elevated which it never has been before. When I saw my doctor, he seemed concerned with it and sent me to the hospital to be monitored. Shane and I were pretty scared at that point because my doctor told us that if my blood pressure didn't drop, he would have to give me a c-section that day! After an hour of monitoring, everything was normal so I was sent home. HOWEVER, he put me on strict bed rest. This wouldn't be such a bad thing but I only had 4 and a half school days left. I was still finishing up things for my maternity leave and had a bunch of fun things planned for the end of the school year. My doctor knows what's best for me and my angel so bed rest it was.

The day after my appointment, I had come to terms with the fact that a random substitute would be sending my kids off to second grade. I wasn't happy about it, but I didn't really have a choice in the matter. The following day, I checked my blood pressure at home and it was way up again (160/110). I got worried and had Shane take me back to the hospital to be monitored. After 3 hours, everything looked normal and they sent me home.

I had a doctor's appointment 5 days later. I talked to my doctor about scheduling a c-section because she was still breech and I honestly didn't think she was going to flip. He finally decided to schedule it considering my elevated blood pressure and her being breech! August 12, 2010 @ 5:30pm! That's when I'm meeting my baby!!! It is only 7 days away! Unreal!

No comments:

Post a Comment